Sunday, October 5, 2008

Agence Eureka

The words that come to mind when I visit this site (and I check it often in recent days) is "me encanta!" -- I love it (in Spanish)!

If you have not seen this site yet, you are missing out! A woman named Patricia in France has an enormous collection of vintage paper dolls and toys, and a great deal of other colorful images. She has generously posted them on a flickr site, which makes it easy to download a quality image at the size of your choice to cut-out or simply to save to your own computer.

Here's a small sample of what you'll find at http://bibigreycat.blogspot.com/; click on flickr photos on the right, then go to her papercraft sets to find these and many, many more:






Patricia also posts additional images that make it easy to copy and cut:

I was pleased to see that she found this blog, too, and posted images of the French set I bought at the convention (she downloaded and cut out, I think, unless she had it in her collection already). She also included a link back to this blog--a nice surprise!


Love Panchito below; I've seen this image somewhere else; could be from Spain, or somewhere in Latin America. The words on the bottom "para ti," mean for you.


Agence Eureka will be the inspiration for a new blog, The Paper Collector, which I will begin sometime in mid November--the emphasis will still be paper dolls, but I'll include other vintage ephemera, too.

I still have convention pictures to post, so this site will remain active for awhile. But when I do finish posting here, this site will live on as an archive of the 2008 convention (hence the redesigned logo above!)

1 comment:

pita ou franck said...

Oh thanks to like it ,the last one is not mine but from the spanish msm forum(recortablesmariquitascromostroquelados) , I was post it for a rugby fan who post many great ephemeras.
And of course I know "paperdollconvention" I've take the rss and see everyday what's new here , and find many many great papertoys , thanks!

Patricia (agence eureka)
and sorry for my very bad english